During the winter months I love to have something warm in the evening. In fact I spend around 60% of my freezing commute home daydreaming about eating something warm for dinner. However, by the time I get home after the gym it’s around 7:45 and I’m so tired I don’t want to spend a long time prepping a warm meal nor do I want to eat anything too heavy at the time. Which is why I love to have a hearty bowl of soup.
Here is my recipe for Cabbage Soup, I like to make a big bowl so it lasts the week.
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced pepper
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 chopped leaks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half a head of cabbage
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- Chop all vegetables.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a medium-large pan and heat.
- Add onions and crushed garlic.
- Add in carrot, pepper and leak.
- Sauté veg until slightly tender.
- Add in 1 litre of vegetable broth.
- Add in cabbage.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer until cabbage leaves are tender.
- Add in seasoning as you wish. (I like to add some parsley and pepper)
Simple as that!
Let me know what you think and what seasonings you like to add.
Love Becky xx